Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Demise of the NY Times

As this blog is so widely read and far more influential than big name sites like perezhilton.com, I feel like its time to excercise my considerable power to bring about drastic changes at the NY Times.

Yes, the NY Times, that paragon of journalism, that mountain of reporting on stuff, that pinnacle of words, the place where Deluca will strive her entire life to be apart of but will sadly never gain access to.

Sure they have "hard hitting" articles and "in depth investigations" on subjects that "matter", but... seriously.. what the fuck is up with the food section today? My thoughts? Read on.

I didn't even bother reading the article about making your own soda water. Who the fuck makes their own soda water? Why so much effort? It's fucking soda water. Just go to a bodega and get some canada dry and call it a day. Thats what I do when I want a fresh vodka tonic. I don't whip out my chemistry set and get all sciencey.. I weigh the pros and cons of being a douchebag who makes his own soda water with paying $1.25 for a 16oz bottle.. and I accept that no matter what choice I make I will sadly still be a douchebag, but not because I make my own soda water.

And um.... thanks NY Times for your insightful look at some stupid restaurant that combines bananas with bacons and avacado and ice cream that is located in a hotel (translation: overpriced fancy schmancy food I'll never bother trying).

Obviously the wine writer took a sick week, too, cause frankly, I could have wrote that dumb wine article. Red wine goes with meat, white with fish. Congrats. Really groundbreaking work.

FYI -- kids are picky because they are assholes and leeches on society.

Native Americans live on reservations and have basically been oppressed for the last few hundred years. Nice attempt to throw them a bone with an article about berries and buffaloes, though.

And.. glazed carrots? WTF?

I mean, to be honest, I'm usually disappointed with the NYTimes section to some degree... the only time I'm not is when there is an article about champagne ora review of a Thai restaurant -- I don't think theres been a week where the stars aligned and I got BOTH an article about champagne and a Thai review. However, if this were to happen next week I could forgive this week's atrocious lameness. Get with it NY Times Food section -- you've been warned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Love Slut said...

mike your so gay.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home